Kraalbaai Lifestyle Houseboats (Pty) Ltd is committed to providing a unique experience for our guests. Consistent with that commitment, we acknowledge the gravity of ensuring that your personal information is handled with care.
- 1.1 When you engage with us (regardless of the method), you may be asked to provide us with your personal information. The reason for this is to enable us to confirm your identity for the purpose of assisting in matters pertaining to your account or inquiry. This personal information may refer to either the Account Holder / Legal Guardians, and / or Guests.
- 1.4 Guests or potential Guests will not be notified separately on each occasion that we process the personal information provided for the purpose of providing our services, analytical data or legal matters that might arise from time to time.
2. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
2.1.1’consent’ means any voluntary, specific, and informed expression of will in terms of which permission is given by or on behalf of a Guest for the processing of their personal information.
2.1.2‘direct marketing’ means to approach a data subject, either in person or by mail or electronic communication, for the direct or indirect purpose of promoting or offering to supply any goods or services to the data subject.
2.1.3’information officer’ means the person responsible for the Information technology gathered and or in his possession.
2.1.4‘Guest’/s’ means a Guest or potential Guest or a visitor or user of this website, or any of the content or services associated with this website and that of linked third party websites and online social platform.
2.1.5’personal information’ means any information linked to a Guest or information that can identify a Guest, including but not limited to:
22.214.171.124 information relating to a Guest’s gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin age, language.
126.96.36.199 a Guest’s e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information or online identifier.
188.8.131.52 a Guest’s financial information including banking details and invoice information.
184.108.40.206 a Guest’s personal opinions, views, or preferences.
220.127.116.11 correspondence sent by a Guest which is of a private or confidential nature: and
18.104.22.168 the Guest’s name if it appears with other personal information relating to that Guest, or if the disclosure of their name on its own would reveal further personal information about that Guest.
2.1.6 ’POPI’ means the Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013, including any regulations or codes of conduct promulgated under it.
2.1.7 ’PAIA’ means the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000.
2.1.8 ’Process or Processing’ means, in relation to personal information, any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, including:
22.214.171.124 the collection, receipt, recording, organization, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use of that information.
126.96.36.199 dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form: or
188.8.131.52 merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure, or destruction of that information.
184.108.40.206 ‘The website’ means the website or any part thereof which is accessible on www.kraalbaailhb.com
2.2.1 the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
2.2.2 any one gender can include the other genders.
2.2.3 an act, regulation or other law is to the version of that law in force at the effective date of this Policy and includes any amendment made to that law after the effective date of this Policy.
- 2.3 The word ‘include’ means ‘include without limitation’. Use of the word ’include’ or ’in particular’ is for illustration or emphasis only and were followed by specific examples and must not be interpreted as limiting the meaning of the general wording preceding it.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Site collects personal information that you voluntarily submit. We also automatically collect Site usage and other statistical information from visitors to our Site.
- 4.1. Personal Information You Provide
4.1.1 When using our Site, you have the ability to voluntarily provide certain information about yourself or others, such as when you inquire on information, book a reservation, or participate in an online promotion.
4.1.2 Personal information that you may provide through this Site or by any other means of contacting us about yourself and those traveling with you includes:
4.1.3 Name, gender, identification, vehicle registration, travel information, passport, and visa information.
4.1.4 Contact information, such as a home or business address, telephone number and email address.
4.1.5 Information that allows us to provide specialized services to you or fulfill special requests, such as accommodating or providing any additional services, we do not collect sensitive information about you, such as health information, except as reasonably needed for us to provide a service to you.
4.1.6 Credit card or payment card number, billing address, expiration date and security code.
4.1.7 Eligibility information such as name, age and contact information when participating in a competition; and
4.1.8 Company details, Vat No or Private Billing information.
5. Automatically Collected Information
Our Site is set up to collect statistical information about those using it to ensure a welcoming and accessible Site. For this purpose, we may track your movement within the Site, the pages from which you were referred, access times and browser types. To gauge the effectiveness of our Site, we do collect some generic information about our visitors. Our web servers recognize and automatically log a visitor’s domain name, the web page from which a visitor enters our Site, which pages a visitor visits on our Site, how much time a visitor spends on each page, and the visitor’s IP address. We may use anonymous tracking technologies to collect, store and sometimes track information for statistical purposes and to improve the services we provide, including using it to evaluate and improve our Site. We also collect and store information automatically using cookies and similar technology as described below.
6. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
6.1.1 Processing, fulfilling, and recording reservations and/or purchases.
6.1.2 Billing your credit card for advance purchase reservations and advance deposits.
6.1.3 Contacting you for confirmation or customer service after reservations and purchases or after you sign up for or participate in certain activities.
6.1.4 Conducting statistical analysis.
6.1.5 Tracking reservations and inquiries.
6.1.6 Sending you emails that relate to bookings and/or inquiries.
6.1.7 Sending you via postal mail or email, communications such legal notices.
6.1.8 Communicating special offers and featured items to you should you choose to receive such notices.
6.1.9 Responding to your inquiries, complaints and/or any other communications.
6.1.10 To providing for the safety and security of our guests and staff and meeting our legal and regulatory compliance requirements; and
6.1.11 Use of your public Content that is uploaded onto our website from third party websites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 7.1 We collect and store information through cookies, log files, clear gifs, and/or third-party sources to maintain and improve the functionality of our site. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. It may identify the device you use to access our Site, but it does not collect personal information about you. We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
8. ACCESSING, UPDATING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 8.1 If you wish to access or update your personal information or if you wish to delete your outdated information, please send us a written request either by post or email to the addresses as set out in our “Contact Us” section below.
- 8.2 If you wish us to cancel, and/or stop the processing of your personal information we will, subject to our discretion, cancel and/or stop the processing of the personal information. However, kindly note that this may negatively influence our ability to fulfill our obligations towards you or deliver a service you.
- 8.3 We will not delete personal information that we are required to retain for our business operations or legal compliance. We may require that you provide adequate identification information or documentation before providing your personal information that we hold; this is for your protection.
- 8.4 You have the right to ask us to confirm what personal information we have in relation to you. (We will respond to your requests within 20 days of receipt and authentication)
- 8.5 You have the right to ask us which of your personal information is shared with our suppliers, service providers, business partners or any other third party
9. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
- 9.2 We may while providing any content or services on this website, or for the purposes of concluding or performing any sale or other transaction with a Guest, share certain personal information with third party operators who perform certain processing activities on behalf of Kraalbaai Lifestyle Houseboats.
- 9.3 we may disclose your information only as follows:
9.3.1 Aggregated Information
We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information, such as usage statistics, to our affiliates and third parties without restriction.
9.3.2 Among our Affiliated Companies
9.3.3 Completing Your Transactions
We may share your personal information with third parties to complete a transaction that you have requested. This may include payment processing, obtaining approval for credit offered to you, or fulfilling your requests for services or products.
9.3.4 Service Providers and Agents
We may share your personal information with service providers, contractors, agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf. This may include analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, facilitating communications with you, or enhancing your experiences when you stay with us.
9.3.5 Legal Requirements
10. DATA PROCESSING AND CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
- 10.1 Our Site is maintained on servers located in South Africa, and personal information submitted through our Site is stored on servers located in South Africa and encrypted servers across the United States. Personal information submitted through our Site in connection with a booking is then accessible by us.
- 10.2 Personal information submitted in connection with your booking is processed and then stored locally and transferred to secure and encrypted servers located in the United States.
- 10.3 Personal information is transferred to our computers in South Africa to facilitate aggregated trend analysis used for resort management purposes such as planning evaluations, guest preferences, and for advertisement planning.
- 10.5 We strive to comply with the laws of jurisdictions in which we maintain operations. When you make a booking or inquiry on this Site or directly, you expressly consent to such transfer, storing and processing, unless you notify us specifically in writing at the address provided below.
- 10.6 We do not process a Guest’s personal information for any purpose not previously specified except in the following circumstances:
10.6.1 Where the Guest has consented to such further processing.
10.6.2 Where the further processing is necessary for the exercise of any contractual rights or the fulfillment of any obligations between Kraalbaai Lifestyle Houseboats, Sanparks, SAMSA and the Guest.
10.6.3 Where the further processing activities are linked to, or compatible with the original purpose.
10.6.4 Where the further processing is necessary for the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution, and punishment of an offense.
10.6.5 Where the further processing is necessary to enforce any law.
10.6.6 Where the further processing is necessary for the conduct of legal proceedings in any court or tribunal that have commenced or are reasonably contemplated.
10.6.7 Where the further processing is necessary to prevent or mitigate a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the Guest or another individuals.
10.6.8 Where the further processing is necessary for historical, statistical or research purposes.
- 10.7 Kraalbaai Lifestyle Houseboats ensures that if it intends the processing of personal information for other purposes not previously specified, it shall notify the Guest of such further purposes and the possible consequences of the intended further processing for the Guest.
11. SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- 11.1 We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect personal information contained in our system against misuse, loss or alteration. Keeping in mind however, that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- 11.2 We cannot enforce or control the security of the computers, electronic devices, or electronic communication method that a Guest may utilize to send e-mails and submit personal information to us with.
- 11.3 You are responsible for ensuring that the computers, electronic devices, and electronic communication methods you utilize will provide adequate security for communicating with us.
- 11.4 You are also responsible for the use to access this Site; any instructions we receive using your information will be treated as authorized by you.
- 11.5 We are not responsible for the disclosure or interception of your personal information before we receive it.
- 11.6 We are committed to protecting the personal information in our custody against any loss of, damage to or unauthorized destruction, and to prevent any unauthorized parties from accessing that information.
- 11.7 We continually identify any risks to the personal information in our possession or under our control and that appropriate security safeguards are in place against those risks.
- 11.8 We ensure that in any contracts entered into with third party operators who process personal information on our behalf, include the following obligations:
11.8.1 The operator shall not process any personal information without the knowledge and authority of Kraalbaai Lifestyle Houseboats.
11.8.2 The operator shall treat all personal information given to it as confidential and shall not disclose it to any unauthorized third parties.
11.8.3 The operator shall establish and maintain adequate security measures which are the same or offer similar protection over the personal information as that of Kraalbaai Lifestyle Houseboats.
11.8.4 The operator shall notify Kraalbaai Lifestyle Houseboats of where there are reasonable grounds to believe that any personal information has been leaked or accessed by any unauthorized person.
11.8.5 If an operator is legally obliged to disclose any personal information processed by them on Our behalf to other parties, it must us in order to enable us/or individual Guest to protect their rights if necessary.
11.8.6 Kraalbaai Lifestyle Houseboats will ensure that all personal information on its systems is properly backed-up and that back-up copies are stored separately from the live files.
12. THIRD PARTY LINKS
- 12.1 We may permit third parties to link to this Site or to post a link to their site on ours. We do not endorse these sites and are not responsible for other sites or their privacy practices.
- 12.2 We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information that you might access from time to time.
13. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- 13.1 This Site is not intended to be for use by children under the age of 18 years. We do not knowingly collect from children under the age of 18, though we may collect personal information about a child that is provided by a parent or guardian.
- 13.2 We respect the privacy of children, and do not collect any more personal information than reasonably necessary to enable them to participate in the activities we offer at our Site.
- 13.3 We will not use personal information knowingly collected on our website from children without their parent or guardian’s consent and in compliance with applicable law.
15. HOW TO CONTACT US
In order to ensure your request is dealt with expeditiously, please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID or passport) so we can look up whether we have any personal information pertaining to yourself, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information,
16. EFFECTIVE DATE
17. MORE ON COOKIES